Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Suited and booted

It’s the age-old dilemma – what do I wear?

I need a good interview outfit. The old one is past its best and needs retiring. But finding a replacement is just as difficult as finding a job!

It’s easy for men – no choice necessary: pick a suit, any suit, add a shirt and a tie and shiny shoes and hey presto! An interview outfit! A suit says: I’m ready for business. I’m efficient and professional. But what if suits don’t suit? I’m the wrong shape for business-like jackets, not enough bosom to balance out the stomach. They just aren’t me.

Never one to give up, I wandered, hopefully, around the local stores with the perfect interview outfit in mind. The fashion buyers this season have opted for a whole different type of style and filled the shops full of chunky, short, colourful jackets with weird collars and enormous buttons. Not a great look when you are already chunky and short. Who wants to look like a character from Willy Wonker – just add your own stripped stockings!

Time for a rethink, I think!

No comments: