Thursday, November 1, 2007

Time out

After all the tension of last week I’m trying a new experiment: not looking for a job. That horrible, whinny voice that shouted ‘get a job, get a job, any job…’ in my head constantly has been silenced for the time being and the silence is golden. Now I can relax a little and not feel that time spent doing anything other than job hunting is time that is wasted.

And so I’m taking a breather. Perhaps if the ‘should’ is absent, the ‘could’ will find its natural place? The need to find a particular type of job paying a specific amount of money has been removed, thankfully, and now I’m free to consider all sorts of options. Hopefully, I’ll have one of those ‘when you’re not looking’ experiences when the perfect opportunity pops up unexpectedly. Who knows? Why not?

In the meantime, I’m creating a new daily routine and trying my hand at all those things I used to wish I had the time to try…the house will get the TLC it needs and the cobwebs will be blown of the cookery books. What a great time to plan the garden, next year’s holiday and dream up all sorts of little adventures along the way…perhaps I’ll learn a language, or read the Bill Clinton bio…who knows? The world’s my lobster, as they say!

For the record I have to thank the major shareholder. The wonderful man has made this possible by taking away my worries and giving me space. I am truly blessed. Thank you, Mr A!

No comments: